Tata Power in association with Ela Foundation, today, launched the third book of its bio-diversity series “Reptiles of the Northern Western Ghats” – a compilation of over 123 beautiful and most endangered species of reptiles that grace the biodiversity of the Western Ghats. The book was unveiled by Mr. Minesh Dave, President Transmission & Distribution in the presence of its co-author & devoted conservationist, Prof. Dr. Satish Pande, Director, Ela Foundation along with Mr. Vivek Vishwasrao, Head – Estate (LG), Tata Power.
The book showcases various species of snakes, crocodiles, tortoise, lizards, and chameleons nestled in one of the world’s important Biodiversity hotspots. It encapsulates the wealth of biodiversity conserved over the years in the Northern Western Ghats through the eyes of the authors.
Key Highlights of the Book:
- First of its kind book devoted to reptiles of Northern Western Ghats
- A detailed guide to 123 species of Reptiles photographed in the wild
- Highlights various snake species, also features several species of crocodiles, tortoise, lizards, and chameleons along with their conservation status
- Useful for foresters, farmers, biologists, teachers, conservationists, and amateurs
- Contains over 500 high-quality colour photographs by accomplished photographers and illustrations by various renowned artists.
Mr. Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power said, “Tata Power has been actively working towards environment conservation by protecting and sustaining the biological diversity in the catchment areas of its dams in the Northern Western Ghats, and we are committed to this cause.”
“We are extremely glad to collaborate with Ela foundation for the third time who share the same commitment as ours of creating awareness about conserving the endangered reptiles and their natural habitat that has evolved over millions of years.” Added Mr. Minesh Dave, President T&D.
Prof. Dr. Satish Pande, Director, Ela Foundation, said, “This book is a sincere effort to sensitise people towards environment conservation. We hope it will be a useful guide for them and provoke a sense of responsibility amongst them.”
Mr. Rohan Pandit and Mr. Unmesh Barbhai has also contributed in curating the content for this book. ‘Reptiles of the Northern Western Ghats’ is the third book in the biodiversity series in collaboration with Ela Foundation after ‘Birds of Lonavla and Khandala’ and ‘The Wild Orchids of the Northern Western Ghats’.